I’m definitely a list maker. You know those people that write “Make a list” at the top of their list, just to cross it off?
I’ve been known to that…
I also love the idea of some accountability. I think writing, publishing, putting all this stuff online definitely makes it a bit more real. Remember way back when I sent along my first post? Ok, so I didn’t post for the next few months, but after that, I started doing pretty well! I found my voice a bit, found some things I was interested in writing about, and I’ve definitely learned a lot so far.
If I was allowed only one question to ask someone, I’d probably ask them what’s on their list. What do you really want to do with your life? I know you don’t want to work an 8-5 for your whole life. So what is it? Have you thought of it?
When you’re on your death bed, what will you regret?
Now, that’s a powerful question. That’s how you get to know someone.
Keep reading if you want to know a bit more about me. What’s on my list? Here goes…
- Visit every continent (so far only NA & SA, shooting for this one by the time I’m 30)
- Swim with whale sharks and/or giant manta rays
- Wingsuit jump
- Visit 100 countries and join the Travelers’ Century Club (just because I can)
- Fly first class long-haul
- Speak another language fluently (currently working on a variety – mostly Spanish, with a bit of Turkish and Welsh)
- Start an endowment to provide scholarships for young fathers
- Start a successful business (I realize this is subjective)
- Live in another country for 6 months (with one of those languages I learn!)
- Write a book
- See the 7 Wonders of the World (Machu Picchu and Chichen Itza, check!)
- Visit every US state (and DC). And no, simply driving or flying through doesn’t count. So far I’ve hit CO, FL, IL, LA, MA, MD, ME, MS, NE, NH, NY, NC, RI, SD, TX, VA, WY, and of course, Washington DC. Only
3533 more states to go!
- See the northern lights
- Visit the Serengeti
- Walk the Great Wall of China
- Cruise on a freight liner. Also, maybe a real cruise liner…
- Live out of a van/camping for a year. I’m planning on morphing this one into a year long US roadtrip to see some of the coolest places and our extensive National Parks system.
- Feel the water from every ocean. I love the ocean, and have lived less than a few miles from the Atlantic my whole life. There’s something calming there, yet powerful at the same time. I got to dip my toes in the Pacific while in Lima!
- Cliff camping.
- Long motorcycle trip – thinking one end of the continent to another…
- Drive the Mongol Rally
Don’t worry, I’ll keep adding to this list, and it’ll keep getting longer. Be sure to stop by again soon!