So, if you haven’t read the ‘About” page yet, I thought I’d give a little information about myself and why I’m starting this blog.
Part of this is absolutely the fact that I love writing. I recently rediscovered my love of writing through some blogging for an organization I’m involved with (I’m sure this will come up in discussion at some point), and decided to venture off on my own. Having been a fan of a few blogs for quite sometime, I was always intrigued by the idea of blogging. There’s something exciting about putting your opinions out there for the world to hear (or they could make fun of you or completely ignore you. Oh well.)
I want to share with you some of my goals for writing this blog. Some of them are pretty straightforward, and some take a little more understanding, or may need more time to really flesh out here on paper. So I’m going to be totally honest and upfront with you guys. The goals will probably change over time, or as I might certain ‘checkpoints’ in this blogging world. These are my goals (right now) for this blog:
- Write a post at least every other week. (Stretch goal is every week)
- Learn from the community about other ideas, opinions, etc.
- (Closely tied to the above)…become more understanding and open to new ideas. I love learning, but I also tend to think I’m right, these traits don’t exactly go hand in hand.
- Find more motivation and accountability in myself. If I make some of my opinions or goals public, I think I’ll hold myself to them more.
- Build my self esteem. We’ll get into this much later I’m sure, but I think blogging is a great engine to connect with like-minded people, and even build a sense of community.
So, without further ado, welcome to The Financial Hippie!